- Hubble Bluetooth Digital Setting Circle system, combined with Sky Safari on an
Android device (Tablet or Smart Phone) is the most powerful Digital Setting Circle
system at an extremely affordable price.
- Thanks to David Ek's wonderful ASCOM DSC driver, now you can enjoy many
wonderful Windows based Astronomy software such as TheSky, Sky Map Pro,
Earth-Centered Universe, Cartes du Ciel (Sky Chart), and Stellarium with
SkyHub on your Windows XP/Vista/7.
- It supports Bluetooth to Android devices, and both Bluetooth and USB connection on
MS Windows platforms.
- The Hubble Sky Hub is a Bluetooth/USB based transceiver which constantly monitors
the position of the telescope via two encoders attached to two telescope axes. This
position information is sent to Digital Setting Circle software running on an Android
or Windows based device, and the scope’s pointing direction is then updated on the
screen in real time via your favorite planetarium software.
- Just point your scope to any star, and touch the same star on the Sky Safari, which
will complete the one star alignment. Then you simply touch any star on the screen,
and move you scope until your Scope’s position mark exactly meets the target star on
the screen …“Ding”, done!
- Optionally, you can perform a two star alignment at any time for better pointing
- Sky Safari (Pro) features 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies, and 550,000 solar
system objects, including all the comets and asteroids ever discovered.
- You can find any satellite or comet!
- Hubble Sky Hub Digital Setting Circle comes with revolutionary high resolution (8192
PPR), extremely compact, and highly energy efficient ball bearing encoders. It is 80%
more power efficient, and is only about 15% size of a traditional encoder.
- The regular, or rechargeable 6 AA external batteries box, or a 9V internal battery can
be used. About 20-30 hours operation time for the regular and rechargeable external
batteries. The operations times are based on household Duracell MN1500 and
Hubble Sky Hub Wireless & USB
Digital Setting Circle System
- Bluetooth V2.0 compatible.
- It support USB connection with MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Three LEDs: Power LED, Bluetooth Status LED, and Communication LED.
- 9VDC (6 x AA) external battery box. It also works with an internal 9V battery. Battery
is not included.
- Two revolutionary, 8192 PPR, low power consumption, ball bearing encoders.
- Come with encoder cables, encoders adapters brackets for Hubble UL14, 16, 18 and
- Come with our Sky Fox LT, a simple but powerful Android based Digital Setting Circle
software. It includes all Solar planets, 250 named stars, complete Messier (110),
NGC/IC (7840/5382), Washington Catalog of Double Stars (WDS), Yale Bright Star
catalog and the entire SAO catalogs (258,996 stars), free of charge.
- It works with Sky Safari on Android devices (with Bluetooth). Sky Safari (Pro)
features 15.3 million stars, 740,000 galaxies, and 550,000 solar system objects,
including all the comets and asteroids ever discovered. Not included.
- It will NOT work with Sky Safari on iPad/iPod/iTouch/iPhone. It only works with the
Android version Sky Safari.
- It works with many Windows based planetarium softwares.
- Two 8192 high resolution encoders, encoder cables, all necessary encoder mounting
brackets for UL14/16 (or UL18/20), power cables, and a 9V external battery box are
- Hubble Sky Hub should be compatible with most of Android devices with built-in
Bluetooth profile supporting Bluetooth 2.0 or higher. In case that your device is not
compatible with Sky Hub, please try another device of different model or brand. If you
want to return the system for whatever reason, we will honor a full refund (excluding
the shipping cost for both ways). You should determine if the Sky Hub is compatible
with your Android device right after the assembly of the transceiver unit but before
installing the system to your scope. The returned unit must be in the original (sellable)
- The MS Windows support is provided "AS IS".
- Sky Hub transceiver is shipped as Kit, and some tool-less assembly is required.
- Please specify Bracket for UL14/16, or UL18/UL20. For people who have not
purchased any UL system, we will ship it with the bracket for UL14/16.
The breakthrough Hubble Sky Hub Bluetooth & USB Digital Setting Circle system will
more than double your enjoyment and fun with the Heavens, at an extremely affordable
price and unbelievable simplicity and ease of use!
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Sky Hub Receiver is shipped as a kit, and a tool-less assembly is required.
Shipped in about 2 weeks after the order.
Hubble Sky Hub with our revolutionary encoders (The Android Tablet and
Sky Safari in the picture are NOT included!)
Our revolutionary, 8192 PPR low power consumption ball bearing encoder
v.s. a traditional encoder
Complete DSC System, with the
receiver, encoders, brackets and cables,
and battery cage:
$249 + 45 (Shipping and Handling)
Please specify your requested options in your
UL16, SkyHub and Stellarium are in action!
Key features of Stellarium:
- The default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- Asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- Constellations for twelve different cultures
- Images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- Realistic Milky Way
- Very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- The planets and their satellites
- Much much more...
Orion on Stellarium
Planets on Stellarium
Constellation art on Stellarium
Wirelsee and USB DSC receiver
$110 + 25 (Shipping and Handling)
Shipped in 2 weeks after the order.
Does SkyHub work with my own non Hubble UL telescope?
A: Yes, it actually with any kind of telescope supported by your planetarium software,
such as German EQ Mount, Equatorial Fork, Alt-Az Fork (Dobsonian) and EQ platform.
Does Sky Hub work with my own encoders?
A: It should work with any TTL-compatible quadrature encoders such as Single-ended
US digital encoders, S1/S2/S3/S5/S6. By default, our encoder housing and bracket
supports metric 6mm diameter encoder shaft. You need to request 1/4" diameter housing
for your 1/4" shaft encoder.
Can I buy the SkyHub receiver alone?
A: Yes. It will be $110 + $25 S&H. A DC power cable, a power extension cable, an
encoder Y cable, 2 encoder converter cable (5 pin DuPont to RJ11) cables and a 9VDC
AA battery cage are included.
Can I buy your 8192 Tick/Rev, low power consumption, revolutionary encoder
A: Yes. It will $50 + $10 S&H each. The encoder shaft is 6mm; there is no 1/4" shaft
option. It comes with a 20cm long (end to end total length) encoder cable (5Pin DuPont
to RJ11 Jack).
I would like to buy your brackets to use with my own DSC with US digital encoders. Can
I buy the encoder bracket separately?
A: The complete UL14/16 or UL18/20 encoder brackets (US digital S1/S2/S4/S4/S6
encoder compatible) set is $75 + $25 S&H per set. No cable is included.
8192 Tick/Rev encoder:
$50 + 15 (Shipping and Handling)
Shipped in 2 weeks after the order.
UL14/16 or UL18/20 encoder
bracket set :
$75 + 30 (Shipping and Handling)
Shipped in 2 weeks after the order.